January 18, 2010

Chicken Cacciatore


A very nice lady over on The Nest sent me a huge Microsoft Word document full of healthy crock pot recipes. As a New Year's resolution, I decided to start using my crock pot at least once a week. So far, so good! It's so nice to come home from work and have dinner ready. Last week I made Chicken Cacciatore, and it was delicious. This is week is Salsa Chicken - and it is cooking as I type this!




Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used 26 oz.)
2 green bell peppers, seeded and cubed
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons minced garlic

Directions:
Place chicken in crock pot. Top with spaghetti sauce, peppers, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook on low for 7-9 hours. Serve with pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment