January 19, 2010

Parmesan Orzo


I found this recipe over on Stephanie Cooks - she claims it's her favorite side dish of all time. I love her blog and thought I'd give this dish a try. I've never made anything with orzo before, so I was very excited. It was divine - so easy to make and so easy to enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup orzo
1 1/4 cups chicken broth (I used low sodium)
A few shakes of parsley
A few shakes of garlic powder
1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese (more or less depending on your taste)

Directions:
1. In a medium skillet, heat butter and dry orzo over medium/high heat until pasta toasted (just some of it).
2. Pour in the broth and seasonings. Cook on medium heat. The orzo will absorb the broth. Once most of the broth is absorbed, remove from the heat.
3. Mix in the parmesan cheese and stir until smooth and creamy.
4. Sprinkle with additional cheese when serving if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment