January 11, 2010

Banana-Walnut Mini Muffins


Before my husband and I left for vacation back in December, I put some over ripe bananas in the freezer. I decided to bust them out last night and whip up some banana muffins - mini muffins, that is (thanks for the pan, Mom!). I found a recipe on allrecipes.com (how could I not?!), so I made some changes and voila: yummy banana-walnut mini muffins. So good...they're almost gone.


Inspiration: Banana Muffins II


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup walnuts


Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside. Beat together sugar, egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Fold the flour mixture into the sugar mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula. Do NOT over-stir - just enough so it is mixed. Stir in walnuts. Scoop into mini muffin pans and bake for 10 minutes. Makes 36 mini muffins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment