April 25, 2010

Curry Chicken Tenders

 [Served with sugar snap peas & curry quinoa]

Well, well, well. You must be thinking we don't eat many main dishes in the Ice Cream & Wine household. Those recipes seem to be disappearing into the depths of my computer's hard drive. I seem to feature a lot of baked goods and great side dishes. But good news - this post features a main dish recipe! And it's Indian, so seriously, life is good.

My husband loves Indian food. To be honest, I had never had it until I started dating him. Oh the things you do for love! I'm very happy that he makes me try new things - Indian food is so flavorful and absolutely delicious. I have a big ole jar of curry powder up in my cupboard that is always calling my name and begging to be used. I finally listened, and I'm glad I did. These Curry Chicken Tenders are magnificent. The curry isn't too overpowering...it's just right. Enjoy, my fellow foodies!

Source: Cathy's Kitchen Journey - Curry Chicken Tenders

Ingredients:
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. curry powder
1 T. packed brown sugar
1 T. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. Chinese five spice powder - I didn't have this, so I just used onion & garlic powder
4 chicken breast 

Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients (except chicken). Set aside.
Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Place chicken on top and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet with the flat side. Remove plastic wrap. Cut into 1 inch wide strips against the grain at an angle. Add chicken into the marinade, mixing well to coat evenly. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Fire up your grill (or in our case, plug in the Foreman!). Grill until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear. It's about 4 minutes on the Foreman.
*You can pour the remaining sauce over the chicken just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment