April 16, 2010

Supper Potluck

[Insert appetizing photo here] :)

There's a blue sky and 75 degree weather here in Baltimore today. And what am I doing? Blogging about a nice hearty, warm and comforting meal. I must be confused! I will admit - I'm pulling this recipe from my archives. I made this wonderful Supper Potluck back in February. As you may recall, Baltimore experienced one of the worst blizzards in its winter history! Of course the meal hit the spot at that time. Why am I blogging about this now? Well, to be honest, I didn't blog about it before because the picture turned out...well...awful. I hate when a meal tastes so yummy but looks absolutely disgusting does not photograph well. That does not make for a good blog post! 

I was scrummaging through my old pictures and I came across the bad photo - even two months later it still looks not-so-good. But I realized that you deserve to have the recipe because it is truly a yummy and hearty comfort dish. AND it's healthy! AND it uses the crock pot - how I love thee. Enjoy!

Source: Weight Watchers - Supper Potluck

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey breast (or beef)
3 cups sliced raw potatoes
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
2 cups sliced carrots
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
Directions:
In a large skillet, brown the turkey.  Meanwhile place potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion in your crock pot.  Sprinkle peas over top. Spoon browned meat over vegetables. Stir Italian seasoning into tomato sauce. Evenly pour sauce over meat. Cover. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. Stir well just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment