October 20, 2010

Pecan Sandies

 
I had been wanting to make cookies that felt like autumn. While I'm loving pumpkin right now, I wanted to steer clear of that route. When I came across this recipe for Pecan Sandies on Brown Eyed Baker, I knew this was my winner.


Please know that I truly love chocolate. But the simplicity of this cookie can't be beat. With the only add-in being pecans, you get to focus on that particular flavor. The brown sugar gives this a deep, rich flavor - which pairs quite well with a warm mug of coffee. Seriously, heaven.


I don't know how many times my husband proclaimed that these were his "favorite cookies...ever." It brought a smile to my face. Needless to say, the cookie itself brought an even bigger smile to my face. Try this. NOW!

Pecan Sandies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour - I used whole wheat
1 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and salt until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour, beating just until combined. Fold in the pecans.

Roll the dough into 1½-inch balls (or use a medium-size cookie scoop) and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. With wax paper or parchment paper, flatten each cookie slightly by placing paper on the cookie and pushing with your hand. The paper will prevent your hands from sticking to the cookie!

Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown. Do NOT over-bake. They will harden as they cool - so stick to the lower amount of time. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.

Yield: About 1 dozen

3 comments:

  1. I love Pecan Sandies! They remind me of my childhood, I feel like we had them in our house often (the store bought version).

    These look beautiful! Sometimes the simple things are the best! I need to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pecan Sandies so much! I've never made them, only bought them. It could be dangerous for me to make these. EEK.

    ReplyDelete