August 10, 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


I'm sorry to have teased you with the picture of the sprouts and not the recipe. What was I thinking?! Well, now you have it and can enjoy it! 

My husband loves brussels sprouts. To be quite honest, I never had them until I had dinner with his family while dating and his mother made them. I cannot even begin to explain how nervous I was when I plopped some on my plate. I mean, what if I hated them?! I couldn't offend his mother! No worries, foodies...I loved them!

This is a great way to prepare sprouts - although I'm a little biased. I think every vegetable can, and should, be roasted in the oven. Such good flavor.

Oh, and I used a new gadget during this recipe. Review to come soon!


Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients:
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss sprouts with oil and minced garlic. Once well-coated, place sprouts on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. 

Make sure sprouts are cut-side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and golden on edges.
 
Yield: 2 servings

5 comments:

  1. I love Brussels Sprouts too - yum. Even loved them as a kid if you can believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I'm slow and just realized that you changed blogs! I was wondering who this Ice Cream and Wine person was that I was following on Twitter. Sigh.. as you can tell I haven't been keeping up with my reading.

    Oh, and I've never had brussel sprouts either. This recipe looks worth trying though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmy I'm loving all these Brussels sprouts photos! Most people look forward to turkey at Thanksgiving, but it's the sprouts that I'm always after!! :) I'm going to guess that your new gadget might be a garlic crusher? I guess I'll have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Brussels sprouts too. I've recently tried roasting them and it is indeed the most delicious way of cooking them - I think I could live on roasted sprouts for a week if I had to :-)

    ReplyDelete