August 3, 2010

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies


A couple months ago I went through a Nutella phase. One that I'm not necessarily proud of. We're talking on the brink of addiction here, people. I think it was because I had never had it before - so I just dove in, head first.

Luckily, I've said goodbye to the crazy habit of eating it by the spoonful. I'm *almost* embarrassed to have just shared that. Eh, that's life.

To be honest, I haven't had Nutella for a couple months. I know - I just said I went through an addiction a couple months ago - it was a quick one! But anyway, I brought Nutella back into my life recently when I made these cookies. I noticed a jar at the top of our cupboard and knew that I wanted to use it up. 

Even delicious with wine (but honestly, what isn't?!)
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are so utterly indulgent. I cannot even begin to explain how wonderful the texture is - crispy on the outside and ooey-gooey on the inside. Simply amazing. I'm begging you: please please please try these!

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Books 'N Cooks, Nutella Cookies 

Ingredients:
2 c. + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt.
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. butter, melted and cooled
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. Nutella
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.


In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.


In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugars until combined. Add Nutella, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.

Add in the flour mixture in thirds to ensure complete mixing. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls (or use a cookie scoop, like I did) and flatten slightly. Dough won’t spread, so whatever size you make the balls will be the size of your cookies.

Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack. 


Yield: 24 cookies

5 comments:

  1. Sounds incredible. And you shouldn't be embarassed to eat it out of the jar. I mean, I do that all the time with PB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had nutella...I'm afraid it will turn into an obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have refused to buy Nutella b/c I know it will be like this: Rip open jar, open mouth, turn jar upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia and Retta: you must try it! At least once! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! These look good! I am saving this recipe!

    ReplyDelete