March 4, 2010

Roasted Chickpeas


I've seen various recipes for roasted chickpeas floating around the flood blog world for quite some time now. It's something that I always think about making mid-week but don't have a can of chickpeas on-hand. Then (of course) I forget about it by the time I go grocery shopping on Sunday! Luckily, I wrote it down last week and added it to my list. We all know Sundays are my baking day. Well, this past Sunday was no different - except it wasn't a sweet baked goodie...instead I baked chickpeas! Just as exciting, right?! Right.

Roasted chickpeas are quite addicting in an interesting way. I kept them simple on my first try, but I'm very excited to change it up again from here on out. Super easy and a very delicious (and healthy - hello, fiber!) snack. Enjoy!

Source: Adapted from Allrecipes.com - Roasted Chickpeas 

Ingredients:
1 - 12 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil and add the chili powder. Season with salt. Spread on a foil-lined (easy clean up!) baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Kick up the heat to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes, again - stirring occasionally. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment