February 7, 2010

Taco Dip

I've been craving a creamy, cheesy dip for quite some time now. With the "storm of the century" about to hit the East Coast, I figured this was my time. Of course, I needed specific ingredients, so my only option was to head to the grocery store the day the blizzard was going to creep in on Baltimore. So there I was, with all of the crazies in the grocery store, fighting lines, being denied milk (I couldn't even buy soy milk - it was all out!). In the end, it was completely worth it...this dip was amazing! I had looked up various recipes, and there wasn't a clear winner in my eyes. I combined a few, and this is what I got: an absolute delicious...easy...tasty...creamy...perfect dip! I think I would make one minor change next time (and only because I LOVE spicy food): I'd add a small can of diced jalapenos to the cream cheese mixture.

Ingredients:
1 block cream cheese - I used low fat
1/4 cup sour cream - again: lowfat
1 - 10 oz. can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (might equal one normal packet, but I had a HUGE packet)
1 - 2.25 can of sliced black olives
1/2 cup shredded cheese - Mexican blend
tortilla chips

Directions:
Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature - I set it out for about an hour. Set oven to 350 degrees. 

Using a spatula, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, can of Rotel and taco seasoning in a medium dish. You should stir it until it is well-combined. Evenly spread the mixture into a pie plate. Drain the black olives and sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle cheese over black olives. Bake for 13-15 minutes. After removing it from the oven, allow it to set for about 5 minutes before digging in. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment