February 15, 2010

Pineapple Chicken

 
 
I'm always on the hunt for new crock pot recipes - the possibilities are truly endless! I love coming home from work and not having to worry about dinner - that is absolutely the best. Sticking to my New Year's resolution (using my crock pot once a week), I made this dish last week. It came from that huge crock pot recipes document that I got from someone on The Nest. 

It was good - in my opinion, not great. I think I'd make it again, though, because it is super easy and it's definitely different than your normal way of preparing chicken.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
pepper
20 oz. can of pineapple chunks (in natural juice)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced


Directions:
Arrange chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot - sprinkle pepper on top. Drain about half of the juice from the pineapple. Mix pineapple chunks with half the juice, mustard, soy sauce and garlic together in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours - or on high for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment