February 24, 2010

Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Pecan Cookies



I know I've talked about this before, but I absolutely love baking on Sunday afternoons. My husband is usually catching up on class work - watching video lectures, inventing medical devices, basic engineering graduate school stuff! - so I have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Last week I splurged and made Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. But hey, this blog is devoted to casual indulgence, so those cupcakes were to be expected, right!? It's not like I bake decadent baked goods like that every week - the week before I made 70 Calorie Cookies, so I feel like it balanced out quite well! I tried to go back to a more healthy option this week. This recipe is from Cooking Light - one of my favorite cook books. Enjoy this delicious cookie - I promise you won't even realize that it's a lighter version of a regular cookie!

Source: Cooking Light 

Ingredients:
1 1/4  cups  all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
1  cup  regular oats
3/4  tsp.  baking powder
1/2  tsp.  baking soda
1/2  tsp.  salt
3/4  cup  granulated sugar
1/2  cup  packed brown sugar
1/3  cup  butter, softened
1 1/2  teaspoons  vanilla extract
1  large egg
1/4  cup  chopped pecans
1/4  cup  semisweet chocolate mini chips - I used regular size

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk; set aside.

Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans and mini chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.

Serving size: 1 cookie
Nutritional Information per serving:
81 calories
3 g. fat

No comments:

Post a Comment