January 28, 2010

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus

This is probably one of my favorite ways to eat vegetables. I absolutely love asparagus, and so does my husband - it just works out perfectly! This is super easy, but it looks and tastes like it's gourmet (my favorite!). I serve this with pretty much any main main dish - chicken, turkey, fish - it's all good. And let's be honest, what isn't good with a heaping handful of parmesan cheese?

*Pictured above with The Best Turkey Burger.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus
olive oil
salt & pepper
garlic powder
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I use shredded, not grated) - be generous!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil - this makes clean up a breeze! Trim the bottoms off the asparagus and place on baking sheet. Drizzle oil over the asparagus - toss to coat. Line them up in a single layer on the pan. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese over the asparagus. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Mmm.

2 comments:

  1. I have roasted broccoli but never asparagus! Now I'm inspired to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - you've inspired me...I think I'm going to roast some broccoli today as a side dish for lunch!

    ReplyDelete